Pregnant. Ate seasame seed snack. Is there any complication?

Mar 2016

Hi Doctor,
I am 17 week pregnant and last night I ate Seasame seed snack. Today I read in few articles that its not safe to take Seasame seeds during Pregnancy. Is it true? I am really scared. If its true what should I do now? Please help me.

Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 22 minutes later

Eating seasame seeds during pregnancy, particularly in 2nd trimester, is not so harmful for growing fetus & mother. It is one type of myth & misconception in India regarding miscarriage due to this but there is no as such scientifically proved data available to support that.

For more information, you can read this article on the following webpage
Consumption of light amount does not cause any type of stomach upset. So it is better to eat in small amount.

Hope, this information is quite helpful to you. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish your good health & successful motherhood.

Dr Soumen
Follow-up: Pregnant. Ate seasame seed snack. Is there any complication? 2 days later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for the reply. I would also like to know, can I eat raw mango (especially chutney), garlic during my 2nd trimester. I m staying in Bangalore and climate here is quite warm.

Looking forward for your feedback
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Thanks for follow up query.
You can take little amount of above preparation with your regular diet to avoid stomach upset.
If you don't need any clarification, you can close the discussion.
Be well.
Dr Soumen