Pregnant. Anomaly scan showed anterior low placenta. Have reduced fetal movements. What measures to take?

Question
Hi....m 21weeks pregnant...dis is my second baby ..m 29yrs old...last week i did my anomly scan...mi hv anterior low placenta...till 3 dayz bfore i ws feeling very clear movements of baby....bt nw m nt able to feel moves as strong as bfore...m worried....y is dis happening....as i hv anterior placenta wat precautions shud i take????will i feel strong n clear movements of maaa baby...i m so despirate to feel d movements...cnt tell u...plz help
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: ultrasound of uterus and baby and gynecologist ref Detailed Answer: Hi welcome to health care magic. The decreased fetal movements are not related to anterior placenta position unless otherwise you have any bleeding from vagina. In fact the way the abnormal attached placenta becomes XXXXXXX is through abnormal vaginal bleeding so if there is no vaginal bleeding it should not be a cause of decreased fetal movements. But per se the decreased fetal movements can be a risky finding. To rule out any risk to baby it is better to get an assessment done by local gynecologist preferably with a repeat ultrasound scan of the uterus and baby and placenta. If the baby's growth is fine and movements during ultrasound is also fine then there is no cause to worry. Sometimes decreased fetal movement may be due to decreased amount of amniotic fluid around the baby. It is always better to get frequent check up for the well being of the baby and the status of the placenta. I hope the advice will be helpful for you.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Anomaly scan showed anterior low placenta. Have reduced fetal movements. What measures to take? 10 minutes later
Wat precautions shud i take as i hv anterior placenta...my placenta lies 2.7cm frm d os n cervical length is 3.0 cm....cn cough n cold harm baby ???

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 4 hours later
Brief Answer: rest, light walking, no journey, no intercourse Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome back. You should be vigilant and should have a close follow up if any problem surfaces. Avoid strength demanding jobs. No sexual intercourse Regular aerobic exercises like walking. Monitoring for vaginal bleed. I hope the advise will be helpful for you.