Pregnant. All scan report normal. Feeling tired, sleepy and loss of appetite. Is this normal?

May 2013
I'm 16 week pregnant. All my scan report medical test all are normal.
But suddenly i'm feeling feeling tired sleepy. this is my second trimester, but I feel like I'm moving backwards. I heard the second trimester is supposed to be the "honeymoon phase". but I'm tired and I have no appetite at dinner mostly after evening time. Please inform is all normal or not?
Sometimes feeling leg pain also.
Posted Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

Usually women will get relieved of nausea, vomitings etc during the second trimester, so it is generally considered as comfortable phase in the pregnancy.
But this may not be true in case of all women. Some women may continue to have nausea, tiredness etc symptoms during later weeks of pregnancy also.
So no need to worry.
You consult gynecologist and check your:
Hemoglobin level
Blood sugar
Blood pressure
Thyroid hormonal profile etc.
If all are normal, routine medicines and followups are enough.
If you are not able to eat sufficient amount at a time you can take smaller amount of meals more frequently.
Take plenty of fruits, vegetables, milk, eggs etc.
You can use antacids just before meals these can decrease gastritis and helps in improving the appetite.
Prefer sleeping in left lateral position that can decrease the pressure effect of the gravid uterus on the vessels and nerves which can decrease the leg pain.
Keep one or two pillows below the legs while sleeping, that can also help in decreasing the pain.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.