Pregnant. Advised to take ascoril and taxim O. Have severe cough. Anything serious?

I am 2 months pregnant.i was adviced to take ascoril and taxim O -200 as iam suffering from severe cough since last there any problem in that? XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later

Taxim O contains Cefixime which is a category B medicine. Category B medicine are ones which can be given safely in pregnancy.

Where as Ascoril do have some side effects on pregnancy, it may have to be taken on when there is absolute necessity.

Instead you can take steam inhalations with Eucalyptus in it.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.