Pregnant. Advised to get TT injection. Having pain in the injection site. What to do?

Hi Doctor,

My wife is in 3rd month of pregnancy (8 weeks 5 days) and yesterday when we conculted the doctor she advised to have a TT Injection.

they injected the same in hip and now my wife still having pain in the same area.

can you advise or suggest any solution.

Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Guru 2 hours later

I am sorry for your wife's pain. Actually, TT injection is usually painful and it subsides in about 2-3 days. But, if it still does not subside and there is fever or swelling associated at the site of injection, then she needs to be examined.

Hope it helps!