Pregnant. Accidently took high dose of utrogerstan. What are the risks?

I accidentally took 2 x utrogerstan 200 mg within one hour> What should I do? I am 4 months pregnant from IVF...
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 minutes later

Utrogestan are capsules containing micronised progesterone which are given to support the placental function till 14 weeks of pregnancy. Taking two capsules accidentally instead of one is not likely to cause any harm to the baby. You might experience more side effects like nausea, headache, drowsiness, etc. All these effects are likely to subside in 6-8 hours.

Please do not worry. I will again stress that there should be no major cause for worry.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal