Pregnant. Accidental trauma to stomach. Will I lose the baby?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Will I lose my baby if I'm 5 weeks pregnant and accidentally got kicked really hard in the stomach?
Will working as a cna and lifting heavy residents cause a miscarriage?
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 15 minutes later
The possibility of the miscarriage depends on whether the gestational sac got affected by the kick or not.
Sometimes hard kick can disturb the attachment of gestational sac to the uterine endometrial lining and that can lead to miscarriage.
Usually this will presents with spotting, pain abdomen etc.
So you better consult gynecologist once and get one ultrasound done to rule out the possibility of miscarriage.
Better to avoid heavy weight lifting, as that can lead to miscarriage sometimes.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Accidental trauma to stomach. Will I lose the baby? 3 minutes later
Is the sac well cushioned if I'm overweight?

Some amount of protection can be expected due to thick abdominal wall.
But better to go for ultrasound once to confirm the normal gestational sac.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Accidental trauma to stomach. Will I lose the baby? 2 minutes later
If I XXXXXXX have spotting and just normal cramping should I be fine, and the by?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 55 minutes later
Though there is less possibility of miscarriage, we cannot confirm it just by symptoms.
So you better go for ultrasound.