Pregnant. Abdomen feels soft. Early scan showed heart beat. No intense pregnancy symptoms. Should I be worried?

Hello, i am nine weeks pregnant and don't feel as nauseous or food adverse as i did. I don't feel 100 percent but my symptoms are not as intense. My abdomen is soft and my doctor could not fimd heart beat using doppler (she said this was normal). I had an early scan at seven weeks and there was a good heartbeat, but baby was measuring three days early. Should i be worried?
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
One can see heart beat at 9 weeks pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in.
It is quite unusual for a normal, healthy, ongoing pregnancy at 9 weeks to be without heart beat on Doppler. This is a sign of a missed miscarriage. Especially as you have seen heart beat at seven weeks.
Your symptoms ( or rather lack of symptoms) also support this diagnosis.
I think before making any final impression you should take a second opinion. See another Gynecologist & have a fresh ultrasound after 7-10 days.
This will surely clarify your doubts.
Hope I have given you the desired response.
Best of luck.
Follow-up: Pregnant. Abdomen feels soft. Early scan showed heart beat. No intense pregnancy symptoms. Should I be worried? 1 hour later
I saw the heart beat with a full ultra sound scan at seven weeks. Today the doctor used a handheld doppler and told me it was unlikely she would here anything so early in the pregnancy. She said the doppler usually only picks up a heartbeat from 11 or 12 weeks. So you think i should be worried? I am still very tired, a little nauseous and breasts are sore. I have no cramping or blood.
Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for your response.
Now the scenario is different! hand held Doppler is not very sensitive at this stage of pregnancy. I got a false impression that you had a Doppler ultrasound. Sorry for my mistake.
You should not worry at all. If you are concerned about your loss of early pregnancy symptoms, you may go for a repeat ultrasound just for your reassurance. Otherwise there is no need of repeat ultrasound at this stage.
Please write back if you have any further question.