Pregnancy test positive. What is due date and precautions to follow?

My last periods started on August 15th 2013.I did the pregnancy test on this Sep 15th and its showed positive. So I would like to know :
* Due Date?
*Is sex allowed during this period?Is oral sex safe?
*I am taking 5 mg Folic Acid tabs for past 9 months, is something should be supplemented?
*What are the speacial care to be taken?
*How to calculate the current week?
*Daily I am taking pomegranate, cumber and sweet corn in adition to the normal diet. Is something else should be added?
*I am taking 1.5 liters of plan water. Is is adequate?
* am having back pain and white discharge(colourless, odourless). I am not having any illfeeling due to this, but should something be done on regard of this?
*I am travelling in a Tavera in the middle seat.I am having pillows on back and will lie down possible during office hours.Will that be a problem?
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
detailed below

Detailed Answer:

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Here are your answers:

Your due date for delivery would be on May 22, 2014. It can be one week before or one week after this date.

Yes, sex is allowed in pregnancy unless there are other complications associated with pregnancy that need special attention. Yes, oral sex is safe in pregnancy.

Continue to take the Folic Acid for the first 3 months of pregnancy. It helps in growth of spine and brain.

You need to rest well, exercise a bit, eat healthy, and stay relaxed.

To calculate the current week - You need to count from your date of last menstrual period.

An easy link is below:

Add more spinach and dates to your diet.

Drink as much water as you can. No harm in it. Minimum should be 1.5 liters.

For back pain and white discharge, rest well and drink water. Both these are normal in pregnancy.

Your travelling will not be a problem.

Wish you happy pregnancy.

Follow-up: Pregnancy test positive. What is due date and precautions to follow? 2 hours later

Could you please specify the excercises to be done?
Also I am travelling daily 50 kms.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detailed below

Detailed Answer:

The exercises can be simple in the form of stretching exercises, yoga, and meditation like XXXXXXX meditation. These are very helpful in pregnancy.

You could check a few videos for the same on the internet.

Travelling 50kms daily is not advisable. Please avoid this long distance as much as possible especially in the first three months of pregnancy.

Take care!