Pregnancy test positive. Heavy bleeding. Should I be worried?

I done a positive pregnancy test sunday just gone, Its now tuesday and ive recieved my period as normal altho to me it appears heavier, when i urinate blood trickles with it is this ok?
Posted Thu, 7 Jun 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 15 minutes later
Thanks for consulting us.
Bleeding during pregnancy is never normal & you must see a Gynecologist as soon as possible.
Most likely you are miscarrying this pregnancy that is why bleeding is heavy.
Your doctor will examine you & may like to do an ultrasound to confirm this. Doctor will then be in a position to tell you what exactly is going on inside you.
You may write back if you have any other question in your mind.
Hope you get well soon.
Follow-up: Pregnancy test positive. Heavy bleeding. Should I be worried? 11 minutes later
Is this an urgent thing as in should i be going to a hospital as im gettin cramps and pains in my groins
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 9 minutes later
Thanks for your question.
Ideally you should go to the hospital immediately if the bleeding is heavy or if you have pain.
You may choose to wait & see if this is not the case.
You may need an Anti-D injection if your blood group is negative.
Hope this clears your query.
Wish you good health