Pregnancy test positive. Have cramping, back pain and brown blood. Normal?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I just took two pregnancy test yesterday and they where both positve. I think I'm 3rd to 4th week and I having cramping, lower back pain and had brown blood in my underwear. probably around half a table this normal
thank you for your help. I read it could be implantation.
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 17 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for the query.
yes,this is typical period when implantation bleeding occurs(if occurs),and if there is no bright red and heavy bleeding as you have in your normal periods, then there is no doubt about pregnancy test. Implantation bleeding shouldnt last for more than 2 days and usually just few hours. Moderate cramping is to be expected too.
YOu should repeat test in 7-10 days and watch for any new signs. If there is prolonged,heavy bleeding and it doesnt stop on its own,you should consult doctor as it can indicate misscarriage or ectopic pregnancy.
But I am sure everything will be fine and enjoy in your pregnancy if this is what you wanted. WIsh you good health. Regards