Pregnancy, leakage of amniotic fluid, no liquid left in uterus. What should I do?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
what should i do if during 4 months of pregnancy my fluid is got dicharged, now there is no lykar is left into my utrous...
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 31 minutes later

Amniotic fluid is made up of maternal and fetal circulation fluids. As long as there is no placental and fetal pathology, it will continue to be formed. Care should be taken to prevent its further leakage to prevent a miscarriage.

It is important that you consult your gynecologist as early as possible now. You may need to be hospitalized. Your gynecologist would start you on some intravenous fluid therapy for increasing the liquor, perform some tests like repeat ultrasound / fetal monitoring and determine if any surgical procedure is needed to prevent abortion. The type of procedure would depend upon the cause of leak.

I advise you to consult your gynecologist at the earlier and discuss about hospitalization and treatement.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you do not have further queries.