Pregnancy detected. Want termination and tubectomy. Sonography showed cyst. What are the risk?

Hi An early pregnancy has been detected in me, as I want termination and Tubectomy, my doc said both can be done in open tubectomy (not using the laparoscopy technique). When sonography was done she saw cysts and says that she will remove the cysts as well. I want to know the risks involved and the implication of these on my health. Thankx.
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 18 minutes later
The pregnancy termination can be done vaginally by evacuation method,as its normally done. The tubal ligation can also be done as suggested to you. There shouldnt be any harmful effects on your health. There is a short recovery period for both and they can be done at the same time.Now i see that you have history of PCOS. Now the cysts that you have may be of various kinds.Usually only cysts more than 3cm in size,and complex in character, require surgical removal. Small functional cysts or that of PCOS,dont require surgery. There wont be any negative effects on your health due to either,other than the recovery period. Tubal ligation can be done via a very small incision,but for cyst removal, depending on the size,larger incision may be needed. Open surgery recovery time is slightly more than laproscopy but its not anything major either.
Follow-up: Pregnancy detected. Want termination and tubectomy. Sonography showed cyst. What are the risk? 3 minutes later

Thank you for the quick reply. My doc told me that the size of the cyst was 3cm*3cm and as we were already doing open surgery she could remove this as well. she also said that there were couple of small cysts. She would remove the liquid in it. I am very scared of all this. Just want to know if there is any risk associated with doing these things all in one go. Appreciate your immediate reply. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 minutes later
Thats ok. If its 3cm at least it can be removed,if open surgery is being done. Its a fairly simple procedure. The fluid can also be aspirated from the smaller ones so that they dont grow. Overall,the procedure shouldnt take more than an hr. No,there shouldnt be a problem doing them all in the same sitting.