Pregnancy. TIFFA scan showed adequate amniotic fluid. Precautions?

what is the reason behind lessomniotic fluid? I have just gone thru TIFFA scan which shows i have just adequate omniotic fluid which is 9.3. I am going through 24th week of pregnancy and did my TIFFA on 15/06/2013.

what measures to be taken to get the necessary omniotic fluid for the foetus?
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

Amniotic fluid of 9.3 at 24 weeks is at lower range, but it is still NORMAL, as value less than 5 is said to be abnormal and needs to be evaluated. I hope the Targeted Imaging for Fetal Anomalies (TIFFA) which you have done is showing a normal fetus without any anomalies. I feel the decreased amniotic fluid could be due to your blood pressure problem (CHRONIC HYPERTENSION).

Measures to be taken to increase your amniotic fluid is
1)By taking adequate rest, good hydration
2)High protein diet
3)Arginine powder or tablets have shown to be helpful
4)Antioxidents- eating lot of fresh fruits, fish and vegetables

Most important is regular scan to know fetal growth, monitoring amniotic fluid volume could be helpful, routinely get your urine checked for proteins and regular blood pressure check.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile