Posterior grade 0 placenta in the scan after trimester scan. Is determining fetus sex by FHR right?

Hello Dr,

My Name is XXXXXXX(30). I am carrying my second baby and yesterday i went for second trimister's scan. Scan report says that "Baby is 13 weeks and 5 days, Posterier Grade 0 placenta found, And FHR is 160". Since the FHR is 160 is that mean that i am carrying a girl baby? Determining Babies sex using FHR is right/true or its just a belief? Or its early to determine babies sex using FHR?

Posted Sat, 9 Jun 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 12 minutes later

First of all congratulations to the mother to be.

There are theories making noise around about predicting sex of child by heart rate. Let me tell you that none of is backed by proper scientific studies.

We do not rely on any of these.

Only full proof method of knowing the sex of the child is ultrasound and as you should knowing as per law the doctor can not disclose sex of child during ultrasound.

I would request you to please avoid all this things and enjoy the time of being mother. As this is second child you must be comfortable with pregnancy, you are an experienced mother now.

Please maintain good health and keep regular follow up with your doctor.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.

Wishing you all the best for the time to come.

Follow-up: Posterior grade 0 placenta in the scan after trimester scan. Is determining fetus sex by FHR right? 8 minutes later
Thanks for your clarification Doctor.

Yes i know that trying to know the sex of the baby during preg is against law...

But as a normal mother i am having temptation to guess my babies guess... Thats why queried for a reference. :)

One more question i would like to check with you. Since i had a first delivery as C-Section it that mean that i can not have normal delivery this time? Or any possibility for that?
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 10 minutes later

Good to hear from again so soon.

I respect your sentiments but there is no way out, you only have to wait.

Now about your mode of delivery: It is absolutely not necessary that once you had c section then this also you can not have normal delivery.

This depends upon the reason for c section. Means if it is done due to some factors related to baby like abnormal position etc.then there are fare chances of normal delivery this time.

Your doctor will in better position to answer this.