Post menopause. Started vaginal bleeding after intercourse. Any suggestion?

I have just become sexually active after three years of abstinence. I am 59 and have gone through menapause. after my first sexual intercourse in three years I had vaginal bleeding, and after looking, I found a sore that looks like a cancer sore. Any suggestions?
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 45 minutes later

Post coital bleeding after menopause is something to be concerned about. Most common cause of postmenopausal bleeding is Atropic vagina followed by cervical malignancy.

But when detected early, it has very good prognosis.

Could you please let me know
1. The site of the sore?
2. Amount of bleeding?
3.Spotting or heavy?
4. Have you done your pap smear before? If so attach reports.

I can give you better suggestions about diagnosis and treatment after your reply.

Dr Nilofer