Post menopause. Experiencing hot flashes, jittery feelings in legs and stomach. Anxiety related?

In the evenings, while relaxing, I experience transient jittery feelings in my legs and stomach and sometimes a mild hot flash. I have been through menopause which started at age 40 and seemed to have concluded at 50. Now I am 55.
Is this anxiety or something else?
Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 21 minutes later

Your symptom of mild hot flash is due to estrogen deficiency which is commonly seen after menopause. Estrogen levels in the female body goes on decreasing due to declining ovarian function.

Transient jittery feeling in leg may be due to deficiency in Vitamin B12 and calcium.

I recommend you to:
1. Get your hormonal levels checked.(FSH, LH, Estrogen).
2. Start HRT(Gynecologist.
3. Start taking vitamin supplements and calcium tablets 500mg per day. This also helps in preventing osteoporosis.
4. Have balanced diet XXXXXXX in calcium .
5. Enjoy morning walk everyday for 30min.
6. Be active and maintain healthy lifestyle.

Hope I have answered both your query. You can write to me anytime for further clarifications.

Dr Nilofer