Post-menopausal, had hysterectomy and salpingo-oopherectomy. Treated for RA, Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's goiter. Have clear moist discharge. Suggest?

I am a 61yr old post-menopausal Woman. Twenty years ago, I had total hysterectomy & salpingo-oopherectomy. Couldn't tolerate synthetic hormone replacement, so for several years, I used bio-identyical hormones. Currently, I take no type of hormones. Am being treated for:Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's goiter, Addison's disease(more accurately...mild adrenal insuffency, migraine,polymyositis, polymyalgia rheumatic, chronic dry eye, major depression&anxiety, overweight&anorexica. Five years ago, I began wearing light pads, as an intermittent show of dark brown to reddish brown kept staining my underwear. In past 2 years, no more coloured discharge, however, a clear moistness sometimes with the slightest tinge of faded dk. brown appears. No odor. No colour on toilet paper. No organs to press on bladder. My Primary MD offered to repair "it", however, I forego unnecessary procedures. Do you have any possibilities?
Posted Sun, 6 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 42 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not mandatory and more so if yo can cope with it!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this intermittent show that has been disturbing you over the years.

From the information you have provided, I suspect that the closure of the peritoneal cavity has a leakage. This allows abdominal fluid to flow out into the vaginal and stain your underwear. I am pretty sure this is more common when you take an upright posture for long or increases in the abdominal pressure like during coughing, sneezing, passing stool, etc.

The decision to get this repaired or not is totally yours. If for any reasons you think you can put up with the intermittent wetting, then you may refuse any repairs. However, if you consider this to be bothersome or interfering with your normal and desirable quality of life, you may choose to get it repaired.

It poses no threat to health but for maybe the inconveniences from intermittent wetting. There is no medical treatment to this and if you should opt for treatment, then surgical repair(closure) is the only option.

With the multiple medical conditions you are being managed for, I would not strongly recommend this, but the final decision is yours.

Hope this addresses your query fully. Follow up questions for clarifications are welcomed. Thank you for this opportunity to address your query today.
I wish you the best of health.

Dr. Ditah, MD