Ask a Urologist   »  

Post menopausal. Started frequent urination with sore between leg, labia and rectum. Prognosis?

Jul 2016

66 years old; widow (not sexually active); post menopausal; red, very irritated and sore area between legs, labia, and forward part of rectum. Frequent urination (diabetes under control). Drinking lots of fluid. Urine is NOT cloudy. Should I apply a topical between legs, and if so, what? Have been wearing a pad because of urine leaking. Changing often. What to do please?
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 45 minutes later
Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed either infection due to chemical irritation of the leakage of urine or Ringworm infection.
Please apply topical ant fungal gel like Micanazole twice daily.
Ensure to wash your innerwear in hot water mixed with antiseptic solution Dettol. Get your routine urine test done and in case of infection take antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin may be required .This is a scheduled drug and can get it with prescription from your family Physician.
Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.