Post menopausal. Feeling dizzy, tingling and heaviness in head. How to overcome this?

Hi, I'm 56 year old female. Post menopausal. I've been experiencing a weird sensation in my head off and on over the last few weeks. Seems to be occurring more frequestly. It's hard to describe. It feels like tingling but also a heaviness. Sometimes I feel dizzy with it. There's no pain but very annoying.
Posted Sat, 2 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 32 minutes later

Thanks for posting this question.

I have noted all your complaints as well as past medical history. And based on your description I feel that need a clinical interview for better clarifications.

Please note that heaviness of head along with dizzy feeling can be due to various causes such as low/high hemoglobin in the blood, heart problem (you have heart murmur), brain problem and can also be due to medications. You need a detailed clinical evaluation, a review of medical history, checking of blood pressure in both lying down and standing position to note any fall in blood pressure (this can also present in the same way, you have described). This will in-turn guide us regarding the need of brain scan.

Please visit a nearby neurologist who will help you in this regard

Hope this helps.
Please get back if you have any query.