Ask a Urologist   »  

Post extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy what may cause the need to go to an emergency room?

post eswl, what is the duration/intensity of pain which indicates needing to go to an emergency room?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 10 hours later

Post ESWL (long as your pain is tolerable with the analgesics given to you need not worry.

However, if you experience severe urinary symptoms or develop fever or if there is retention of urine or difficulty in passing urine, then you need to see the doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.