Possibility of vein and soft lump on forehead becoming a clot in brain?

A Vienna on the side of my forehead has appeared wiggling up between my eye and hair- line. 0n the top end is a lg. pea sized soft goushy end. What is the possibility of this becoming a clot moving into my brain? XXXXXXX C
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Negligible possibility Detailed Answer: Hi First of all the swollen vein that you see is a vein outside the skull. It may not be a clot even in the rarest instances. Even if it is a clot it would not travel distal it travels down towards the heart and not brain. During its journey these are lysed by the body's natural clot breaking system. So I think it time to stop worrying and move ahead.