Positive urine pregnancy test. Suggested Beta HCG test, result 552. What does this indicate?

Question
my last period date 18 may 2013, did urine pregnancy test on 23 XXXXXXX 2013 it was positive. Also doc suggested to do Beta HCG test wherein my count was 450 in 48 hours repeated the Beta HCG test it is now 552.
what is it am i pregnant or not.
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

Yes, based on the test results you mentioned above, you are pregnant.

Urine test identifies the presence of the hormone HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) and the blood tests for Beta HCG also determines the same. HCG is a hormone released in pregnancy.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any concerns.

Follow-up: Positive urine pregnancy test. Suggested Beta HCG test, result 552. What does this indicate? 2 days later
Thanks Doctor

Also please let me know what should be the further steps to be taken.

Is HCG 552 normal?

regards,
XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, HCG level is normal at this stage and it varies and increases as time goes. There is no need to worry about the same.

The next step is to confirm whether the pregnancy is in the uterus or not, for this you may have to get a Ultrasound scan done.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.