Positive pregnancy test, low estrogen levels. Will low estrogen impact pregnancy? Should thyroid levels be checked?

Hello Doctor,
My Periods was due on XXXXXXX 6th and a took a HPT and the result is positive. Last month
when i went to the doctor she took a estrodial test and said my estrogen levels are less.. only just above the minimum levels and that is why conception was occurring for the past one year( am married for a year). But now, conception has occurred. Will lo estrogen levels ill have impact on my pregnancy ? is there some medicines that she can give to increase the levels after taking blood test again?

am 6 weeks pregnant now. what foods to take or what foods to avoid?

more over i was taking Thyroid-100 for thyroid complaints fr about 9 months. should i check thyroid levels again this month? please clarify..

Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 3 hours later

I would like to know your hCG and progesterone levels.

If you are having low estrogen your doctor will give you estrogen patches.

If hCG levels are increasing you should not worry.

Progesterone supplements are also given in the form of tablets , gel or injections

You said you are 6 weeks pregnant so there must be cardiac activity of the foetus on ultrasound.

Regarding thyroid problem you should get the levels repeated as the dose is increased during pregnancy according to TSH levels , they should not be more than 4 micro IU per ml

As far as food and supplemets are concerned , folic acid , omega 3 fatty acids , DHA , APA , are required for the brain development and growth of the fetus.They are to be prescribed by your doctor.

You should take more of fish and fish oils , XXXXXXX vegetables , beetroot , spinach , methi , carrots , cucumber etc and less cauliflower , broccoli , more of fibre in the form of chapati with wholegrain wheat or using multigrain atta , pulses , curd , milk etc.
Avoid salt and fatty foods like ice creams , cake , cheese , butter and ghee

Increase your activity after 12 weeks by doing morning walk for at least half an hour
2 hrs rest in the afternoon and 8 hrs during night is required during pregnancy

Proper diet , activity as well as rest without stress , regular follow ups with your doctor are must

Wishing you a good XXXXXXX

Warm regards