Positive home pregnancy test. Having throat pain, headache and sneezing. Will fever affect the baby?

Infertility Specialist
Long back I have asked you a question regarding possibility of conceiving after ovulation with follicle size 18. Thanks for you response.I am pregnant now. My fifth week is going on. I did home pregnancy test I got positive result.Now waiting for HCG report.
Day before yesterday I was having throat pain ,head ache and sneezing.Unfortunately yesterday afternoon my temperature started increasing . I went to my gynaeo and she told I have temperature of around 100.8F. She asked me to take Dolo 650 for 2 days.Also she prescribed medicine Fol123,Duphaston,Gestone 200mg and Taximo since I have history of m/c. I felt my temperature started reducing within 2 hour after having Dolo.

I would like to know will be there be any harm to baby if my temperature is around 100.8F? I heard there could be neural defect for baby if there is high temperature ? What can I do now to prevent it ?Is it fine to have Dolo 650 ? Will it cause any harm to my pregnancy or baby if I contine taking it accorig to prescription of doctor?
I am having Gestone 200 mg orally. Is it fine to have orally? I was asked to not to travel and take work from home option .Will all this will reduces the chances of m/c this time ?
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Avoid fever.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Good to see that you achieved the desired result & congratulations for that.
Coming back to your queries, following are my answers & advice.
1. Prolonged rise in temperature can harm baby. Single time rise rarely harms baby. Generally temperature above 101F is harmful. So you need not worry.
2. Dolo 650 is safe during pregnancy & more harm can be done by fever than Dolo 650. So continue taking it as prescribed by your doctor to keep temperature under control.
3. Tab Gestone is almost ineffective (due to hepatic metabolism) if taken orally. Ask your doctor for vaginal administration if possible.
4. Taking rest & avoiding travel may help in reducing risk of miscarriage.
5. If I can get details of previous miscarriage (like in which week it happened, what was ultrasound finding) I can give further advice.
Awaiting reply.
Follow-up: Positive home pregnancy test. Having throat pain, headache and sneezing. Will fever affect the baby? 14 minutes later
Thanks doctor . When you say prolonged rise in temperature how many days you mean? Right now I am feeling better ,have only throat pain, so I hope there wont be any problem for my baby?

Regarding my previous m/c when it was in my 5.6 week i got bleeding . I was given susten medicine. After one week when ultra sound is done baby showed 6 week growth. Also due to susten medicine although there was no vaginal bleeding XXXXXXX bleeding was there. Later again after 1 week when ultrasound was done it was showing same growth and no heart beat also.
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
detailed below

Detailed Answer:

Prolonged rise means temperature more than 101 F for more than 24-48 hours.
As you are feeling better, you need not worry.
Your previous history points miscarriage occurring mostly due to genetic cause in fetus(baby) which is less likely to recur.
So whatever medicines you are taking appear to be sufficient & you can continue the same.
Wish you good luck & healthy pregnancy.
If you have any other concerns you can get back to me.

Follow-up: Positive home pregnancy test. Having throat pain, headache and sneezing. Will fever affect the baby? 2 hours later
Its been 3-4 months I got any cold or fever and suddenly I got it yesterday.I heard pregnant women are more prone to flu and high temperature. what can I do to prevent it.
I am having bit discharge from vagin/cervix(not sure) from past few days. Also a bit itching sensation around my vulva skin . Is this due to pregnancy hormonal changes. Is this anything to be concerned?
Brief Answer:
Examination by gynecologist necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Pregnant women can get cold, but risk is not very high compared to nonpregnant women. You can avoid exposure to cold & avoid cold things like cold drinks & ice cream to avoid cold.
Pregnancy itself raises body temperature by 0.5-1 F due to hormonal effect, but fever (>101 F) is not more common.
Regarding vaginal discharge, little discharge is normal but itching is not. So get yourself examined by gynecologist to rule out infection & get treated if infection is there.

Follow-up: Positive home pregnancy test. Having throat pain, headache and sneezing. Will fever affect the baby? 41 hours later
Thanks Doctor,

My doctor dint examined but she prescribed me vWash for itching problem.
I have one more doubt .

In April month I got late period and my in XXXXXXX gyno asked me to do blood test and found that Rubella IGg - 69.79 , Toxoplasma IgG 3237.2, CMV - 84.
Only IGg test was done and she gave me Rovamycin tablets.

In August I did the test again and found Toxoplasmo IgG 4.59 IgM .37,
Rubella IgG 2.61 and IgM - .38, CMV IgM-.25 and IgM - .25, HSV IGg 2.69 ,HSV IGm - .26 and I was told by my doctor I am fine now.

I have read so many article in google but its bit confusing . Will this anyways affect me?
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
One of the values incorrect..

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
You can continue vWash as suggested by your doctor.
Regarding your other reports, either of the results are incorrect. Because Rubella/Toxoplasma IgG (Positivity of IgG indicates immunity. If negative you need rubella vaccine at least 28 days before conception) once positive, wont't become negative so early. Regarding CMV & HSV negative IgM is good report.
Whatever may be the test report, you stop worrying right now, because you can't get Rubella vaccine during pregnancy.
Regarding effect on you or pregnancy, you avoid exposure to infected people (People having fever, rash) & that should be sufficient.

Wish you good health.