Positive HPT, lightheadedness, bloating, sore breasts, now HPT faintly positive. Early miscarriage?

May 2013
Hi, I am a little concerned. 4 plus 1 took hpt. Positive result and light headed with bloating. Test taken in the afternoon with a tiny bit of urine. Today 4 plus 4 took another hpt in the morning with a higher volume of urine and the test is hardly positive. Still a bit bloated and sore breasts yesterday. Concerned as this happened previously and I had a very early miscarriage. I am taking supplements etc. I have heard that the line should get darker as hcg doubles but my line is getting slighter. Have I had bother miscarriage?
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

the test result of urine pregnancy test depends on factors like,
the timing of sample like early morning sample is better,
collection of sample,
reading the test result like reading after 3 to 4 minutes of adding urine will give false positive results,
concentration of urine etc,

so you better consult gynecologist and undergo blood test for pregnancy which will give accurate result and also the levels of HCG by that the growth of the baby can be assessed,
as there is previous history of miscarriage better to continue pregnancy under cover of progesterones with your doctor recommendation as a preventive measure.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.