Positive ANA test. Am i HIV +ve?

Does a positive XXXXXXX test possibly mean I am HIV positive?

I mean is it possible at all?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Let me reassure you right away that XXXXXXX has nothing at all to do with HIV infection. It is a completely different test which is used by doctors to look at inflammation or arthritic issues.

For HIV - this is tested via an antibody screen test which is specific to the HIV virus.

Again let me reassure you that there is no correlation at all between XXXXXXX and HIV. If you desire an HIV test this is something you can seek through your primary care physician.

Thanks again for the query. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga
Follow-up: Positive ANA test. Am i HIV +ve? 29 minutes later
I appreciate the response.

I read somewhere that I positive XXXXXXX screen could be related to possible hiv and I should screen for that too.

So there is no way a positive XXXXXXX test is related?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 20 hours later
Hello and thank you for your follow-up question.

It is remotely possible that a person with a HIV infection might have a positive XXXXXXX screen. However there is really no correlation with this in the medical literature.

If you are suspicious that you may have infection with HIV, you should proceed to your primary care physician's office for a screening test.

Again I am very confident that this positive XXXXXXX screen means nothing in the form of an infection for you. If you would like to achieve peace of mind regarding HIV status you should have the test performed by your physician.

Again I appreciate your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert