Position sensitive chest pain, feeling weak. Advice?

Cardiologist, Interventional
My wife has a dull chest pain. It seems to be position sensitive. but she is very weak.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 4 hours later

Dull chest pain in an 81 year elderly patient is always concerning. I appreciate your efforts to seek medical opinion here.

As a cardiologist, any pain in this age needs to be considered as heart related.

Other possible causes of dull chest pain include a muscular ache, gastroesophageal reflux disease, anemia, nutritional deficiency and so on.

I advice you to visit a physician for cardiac examination at the earliest to rule out heart related pathologies such as coronary heart disease. She needs EKG, cardiac enzymes and other relevant investigations.

Hope I have been helpful with my answer. Should you have any further queries, I am available to address them.