Popping sensation above eye, spasm in cheek, chattering teeth, twitching finger. What is causing this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
A few days ago I felt a popping sensation above my left eye and then immediately after my right cheek started to spasm and it made my teeth chatter. Then the next morning my right pointer finger and pinky began twitching. Since then my fingers on my right hand have felt like they are pulling into my hand. Ever since this started my right arm and my left side of my face has a dull aching feeling. what is causing this?
Sorry that should have said my left cheek not my right. The facial issues are all on the left side while the arm and hand issues are all on the right.
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
From your description, it seems that you had a minor stroke or a hemorrhage in the brain affecting the nerves in the area. You need to consult a neurologist for a proper evaluation and to detect the neurological deficit you are having.
Since you are having mild symptoms, these are likely to recover on their own over next 2-3 weeks. Taking methylcobalamin supplements will be helpful.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Popping sensation above eye, spasm in cheek, chattering teeth, twitching finger. What is causing this? 14 minutes later
Dr. Tayal,
Thank you so much for answering my questions. Where can I get methylcobalamin supplements and what are they? I don't have health insurance and I cant really afford to go to a neurologist unless its an emergency. Do you think I need to go or should I wait to see if the symptoms go away in the next few weeks? Again thank you for your time.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 39 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The mild symptoms that you have are likely to subside over next few weeks on their own even without any treatment. But you must get yourself adequately screened for the predisposing factors like hypertension, diabetes, increased cholesterol or heart disease after consulting your general physician.
Methylcobalamin supplements are available over the counter. You can ask for these at your nearest pharmacy.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.