Popping and scraping of bones, had fractures. What does it mean?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had gotten 2 fractures one more a stress fracture... I got medical help late and it healed a bit wrong. This was 4 years ago and i still have conplications with it popping and scraping as if not healed correct. I cant do sit ups or running without it feeling like its XXXXXXX break. What does that mean? And what can i do to make it better or not cause complications during physical activities?
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
A 4 year old malunited fracture is likely to show inflammation on overuse and stress specially if the fracture is near a joint.
Now you can do a physical therapy to regain your full range of movements under the guidance of a physical therapist.
Taking mild pain killers will help in reducing the pain and inflammation.
In case the problem is persistent, surgical correction of the malunited bone may be considered.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.