Popped a pimple inside of the leg. It is now wounded, red and pains. What can be done?

I popped a pimple and now it's an infected wound. It's big and red and ugly and it hurts! What do I do to heal/get rid of it? (It's on the inside of my leg so it makes it uncomfortable to walk. I've had it for about three days.)
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 32 minutes later

The lesion on your inner surface of thigh though resembled a pimple or acne but is a boil.
Acne are common on face, back and shoulders.

A boil on inner aspect of thigh is most likely a result of a folliculitis i.e inflammation of hair follicles.

You need to take an antibiotic after consulting your doctor at the earliest, alongwith painkillers.

A topical antibiotic like mupirocin or fusidic acid cream will hasten the healing and prevent localised infection.

Hope I have answered all your queries.

Please accept my answer if satisfied.