Poping and unstable shoulder, scapula moves. How would it be known if infraspanantis muscle are torn?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
How would I know if I tore my infraspanatis muscle ? I have been told the shoulder attatchment area there is no tear . I have popping in shoulder. Shoulder instability . Scapula moves excessively during walks at exercise pace. Hurts to open jars. Shoulder seems unstable in pressing motions. Shoulder also feels as if being pulled down and forward . Any ideas ?
Posted Wed, 30 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
To diagnose an infraspinatus muscle tear, MRI is the best investigation.
The shoulder instability and the popping in the shoulder might be due to muscular weakness around the shoulder joint.
An effective muscle strengthening program under the guidance of a proficient physiotherapist might be helpful after the tear is ruled out.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Poping and unstable shoulder, scapula moves. How would it be known if infraspanantis muscle are torn? 11 hours later
Thanks for your response . However, I am doing pt now. it feels as if getting worse At pt and in every day living.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
Physiotherapy takes a few weeks to show its actual effect. For better response, you may take a muscle relaxant like thiocolchicoside after consulting your orthopedician.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.