Polyp-like growths in vagina, pain during intercourse. Any natural medication?

Question
I have growths resembling polyups in the vaginal cavity.They hurt making intercourse impossible.How do I get rid of them naturally
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Radhika 2 hours later

You have observed growth resembling polyps in your vaginal cavity which is causing painful intercourse.

Any growth which causes pain , bleeding or any discharge has to be examined and sent for biopsy .Polyps are normally smooth, red, finger-shaped growths seen in the cervix , the passage between uterus and the vagina.

They can also result from infection, long-term (chronic) inflammation, an abnormal response to an increase in oestrogen levels, or due to congestion of blood vessels in the cervical canal.

It cannot be removed naturally and the most common treatment is removal of the polyp during a pelvic examination. Smaller polyps can be removed by gently twisting or removing it with special forceps. Larger polys requires electrocuatery.

Polyps are not removed unless they bleed, are painful, are very large, or have an unusual appearance. Almost all cervical polyps are noncancerous (benign), but all polyps should be evaluated by a Gynaecologist.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.