Polyp in the anus, mucus discharge. No pain or bleeding. Urine and blood reports normal

im 35 yrs old male and i discovered polyp in my anus few days back. Also some mucus discharge is also there.There is no bleeding,pain or itching as of now.My blood,urine reports r also a non vegetarian .
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Polyp in anal region may be normal or it can be piles also. It is very difficult to diagnose without proper physical examination.

Again you are having some mucous discharge from the area, so any infection or associated condition also needs to be looked for.

Best advice for you is to visit a surgeon and get an examination done. After examination he will guide for any further evaluation if needed.

Anal polyps can be of various types. Apart from polyp, local skin condition, any other complaints that you have etc. will help in diagnosing the condition properly.

It is good that your blood reports are normal and you are not having any complaints at present.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.

In case you do not have follow up query, please accept the answer.