Plunger stuck. Having pain and vein swelled. Suggest

Approx 12 hours ago, attempted to shoot meth. Sneered needle in to old faithful crook of elbow. Felt a little pain or pressure, the plunger was stuck. Could not pull back. Knowing full well I was in, having never missed a single time in old faithful, began to apply pressure to push in plunger. It barely moved, if at all, and felt worse pain. Pulled the needle out. Immediately, the vein swelled up,and has remained swollen all day. I applied ice for approx an hour afterward. Pain is moderate, more like soreness or weakness now. The area isn't bruised or red, however there is a touch of fever it seems, and vein is still swollen.
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 37 minutes later
Thanks for your query. Based on your history it does not seem to be a very significant issue. It is most likely to be thrombophlebitis or inflammation of the vein that is manifest through fever pain and swelling of the vein. Simple analgesics like diclofenac and local heparin ointment may suffice. However let me use this opportunity to warn you that intravenous use of met can result in myocarditis or inflammation of muscles of heart wall and other serious infectious diseases. Wish you good health.
Substance use specialist
Follow-up: Plunger stuck. Having pain and vein swelled. Suggest 8 hours later
Somebody told me I probably hit a tendon. I put ice on it last night, and its much better this morning. I consider this a fair warning from my body, and will not be using any more. I'm not a junkie, just an occasional user, but when I've used in the past, I used heavy in my opinion. A lot of times I would have 5-6 shots per day for a week straight, but then would stop for a week or two. Is it possible that my veins will fully recover and heal nicely with no future problems from them?
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 12 hours later
The inflammation would settle down gradually and completely. Do not worry. It is unlikely you injured a tendon and even if that is the case the management is similar. It is good you have picked up the warning signs. There would no further problems due to this incident. All the best.