Pleural effusion, cirrhosis liver, splenomegaly associated with ascites, lower limb edema

right lobe of lungs plural effusion with cirrhosis liver and spleenomegaly associated with acities and lover limb oedema but left lower limb is more swelling condition.
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later

Thanks for the query

I would like to know more about your current situation in order to come to a better conclusion

1. How long ago were you diagnosed with cirrhosis of liver?
2. Are you having any difficulty in breathing?
3. Please mention the medications you are on right now?
4. Please mention the diet which has been asked by the doctor for you to follow
5. If you can attach your reports especially of liver function test and renal function rest it would be very helpful to me?

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Pleural effusion, cirrhosis liver, splenomegaly associated with ascites, lower limb edema 22 hours later
1.more then 8 months But finally i take scan report last week. i will attach you now.
2.Yes some time specially in evening to night or cool climate.
3.a) Retorlix 20 b)Nexbeta 20 c)rifugut 200 d)livopill d)Anxozap
4.Now i am taking only rice milk with XXXXXXX been nut with low salt.
5.i can send my liver scan copy and my xray copy.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 14 hours later

Thanks for replying with reports

I think you need to understand your health problem and no body has explained it to you properly. I would like to explain certain things about your health issue so that it will help you

1. You are suffering from liver failure.
2. Liver is the main organ responsible for protein synthesis in our body, protein helps in keeping water within in blood vessel. Since the liver has failed in your case there is decreased amount of proteins which is causing accumulation of water in the legs, inside the abdomen, lungs ( which explains the pleural effusion=water accumatiln in the lungs), etc
3. Some amount of protein should be taken along with the diet, like b protein supplements, this will help reduce some amount of leg swelling in you
4. Liver transplant is another good option, please approach BGS global
Hospital Gastro enterology dept, Bangalore for an opinion
5. You are receiving appropriate treatment for your current problem

I hope I have answered your query, if you have any further ones please let me know I will be happy to reply