Played softball and unable to feel and move left toes. Had anxiety attack and took xanax. Should I be worried?

Spine Surgeon
Last night after playing in a softball game (nothing out of the ordinary occurred) my husband cam home and noticed he could not feel his left toes nor could he move them as he could the right foot. Then he began to get more and more anxious about this and ended up with an anxiety attack. He was pacing until 3:30 in the morning.. I finally gave him one of my 1.0 mg Xanax to calm him down. Is this something we should be concerned about? I did not think it necessary to go to hospital last night
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs to be investigated

Detailed Answer:
Sudden onset numbness in toes. Is it temporary? any improvement in sensation? any leg pain or back pain? Unusual to have isolated numbness however needs to be investigated. I would suggest to consult physician and get a thorough exam to rule any nerve related issue. Thanks.