Planning to take mifeprin for abortion. Is this safe and effective?
User rating for this question
do i have to take anything else then mifeprin200? for a 4 week abortion? and how many mg?
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 46 minutes later
Thanks for your query.
I wonder if it is legal in your country to take these medications over the counter.
Firstly, the diagnosis of pregnancy has to be confirmed by a gynecologist.
Secondly, the exact dates of pregnancy have to be confirmed in weeks. Sometimes, these medicines work only within a narrow time frame.
Thirdly, that the pregnancy is intra uterine has to be confirmed. If you take these medications in case of ectopic pregnancy ( pregnancy outside uterus ), results can be fatal.
Fourth, the exact dose and schedule is precise and has to be prescribed by a doctor after examining you.
Fifth, after completing the prescribed course, you need to have a follow up visit to confirm that the abortion was complete.
If you do not follow these precautions, you run the following risks :
1. prolonged and heavy bleeding
3. retained products of conception
4. failed and incomplete abortion, requiring surgical evacuation
The medicines work within 12 - 24 hours.
At first, you might just have nausea, slight cramps and brownish discharge.
However, over the coming day, you should have heavy bleeding, with passage of clots and fleshy tissues.
But to confirm the success of the pills, and for your own health and safety, I would urgently request you to consult a Gynecologist, and conduct the abortion safely under medical supervision.
Take care, and feel free to ask further questions.
People also viewed
- Are there any side effects of using mifeprin for abortion
- Is it safe to take mifeprin before dnc
- Life expectancy with 20 heart function
- How safe is using mifeprin for abortion
- Consulting doctor for abortion in karaikudi
- How 2 conform abortion by mtp kit
- 20 years old pulsating neck
- How to use mifeprin kit for abortion
- Cortal medicine for abortion
- Shivering in the morning 20 minutes
- Telma 20 usages side effects
- Cytotech at 8 weeks complete abortion
- 2 month conceived pills to abort
- Why do we take rabium 20 medicine
- How to use mifeprin to abort pregnancy