Planning to conceive. Missed taking clofert 50 mg. Chances of getting pregnant with this medicine?

Hi, Im married since one year and four months. We are desperate to have baby now.Our gynecologist advised me to take Clofert 50 mg for 5 days & folvite tablet for one month(daily) but i have not taken this tablet now i missed my period from last 2 months. Kindly let me know what are the chances of getting pregnant with this medicine? Please suggest me something with which I can conceive as early as possible
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 30 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

This time as you missed the period, go for pregnancy test. The chances of you being pregnant are fairly good.

Otherwise, the treatment prescribed by your gynecologist is proper and start as early as possible.

This is prescribed for ovulatory dysfunction like PCOD and in your case, this is very likely.

After treatment, chances are more for getting pregnant.

Hop, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask. I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Planning to conceive. Missed taking clofert 50 mg. Chances of getting pregnant with this medicine? 2 days later
I have already go for pregnancy test there is no positive results. I have an ovarian cyst, uterine fibroad and thyroid. Please Suggest me something
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 6 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

I understand your concern. Ovarian cyst, uterine fibroid and thyroid disturbance influence the chances of pregnancy. As the pregnancy test revealed negative report, it is less likely that you are pregnant now.

The medications prescribed to you are right to bring the harmony of hormones to assist pregnancy. Please follow it religiously.

In addition follow up with your gynecologist. Regular monitoring of fibroid and hormones would be needed to maximize the chances of pregnancy. If the current medications do not help, you may need to plan assisted pregnancy under the guidance of an infertility specialist.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need any more information.

Wishing you all the best for the time to come

Dr.Ramesh Vachharajani