Planning to conceive. Husband is taking lisinopril. Will it cause any harm to foetus?

Infertility Specialist
Me and my husband were wanting to try to conceive again. My husband has been taking lisinopril for only 4 days but will be trying when he's been on it for 12 days. I was wanting to know if there could be any harm or defects to the fetus with him taking that. Thank you!
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

There will be no effect on fetus when your husband is taking medicines.

I recommend you get semen analysis of your husband as it is important to have normal semen analysis for trying for pregnancy.

Let me reassure you that lisinopril will not cause any problems in conception or cause any problems, defects or harm to fetus.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.