Planning to conceive. Having irregular periods. Took feminol. What is the possibility of getting pregnant?

hello Dr.
this is XXXXXX. 31 years.married having 1 child 8 years old. now we want another baby. My Dr. suggested me to take Feminol for 2 cycles since my LH is low and having irregular periods. I started it on my 5th day of menstrual cycle and completed 21 tablets on 23rd of this month. still now i did't get my periods. how more days it will take and is it possible for me to get pregnant after completing this course?
Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 25 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Feminol actually has ethinyl estradiol and gestodene and acts as an oral contraceptive. When you say you completed 21 days on 23rd of this month, I assume you meant that you completed it on 23rd XXXXXXX If that is not the case, please let me know.
Actually, the cycles get altered when these drugs are given. Most women will have their period within 7 days of stopping the medication. But many women will also have no bleeding when they stop the medication. But even if you dont have your period, its fine; Its not something you need to worry about. The next pack of 21 tablets has to be started again after 7 days of stopping the tablet.
So for example, if you took the last tablet on 23rd XXXXXXX you should start the second pack on 1st July.
This medications helps correct hormonal imbalances. Once that is achieved and you stop the medication, the chances of becoming pregnant are pretty good.
I hope I have addressed your concerns. Let me know if you need any more help