Planning to conceive. Having PCOS. Pregnancy test negative. Ultrasound showed small sac. Got bleeding, prescribed with clomiphene. Suggest?

Mar 2016

Hi Dr. I am 28 yrs old with near to 4 yrs of marriage. Planning to concieve. Having PCOS. my LMP was 8Mar2013. Done my UPT on 24 april-Negative, HCG blood test on 27 april -negtive. Ultrasound on 28 aspril, shows small sac kind like on uterus. which never seen earlier. Dr. is not sure whether its pregnancy or no. Might be cyct/corpus leutum , not happened ealrier. But sac was observed. Today on 29April, got bleeding in morning. Dont know what it is. I hv been prescribed with clomiphene to take from 2nd day of periods.
Dr. can you please suggest what it can be?? also what next i should do??
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. S Patra 19 minutes later

Please upload your ultrasound report to assist you better regarding your condition.

Waiting for your response.

Dr Soumen
Follow-up: Planning to conceive. Having PCOS. Pregnancy test negative. Ultrasound showed small sac. Got bleeding, prescribed with clomiphene. Suggest? 41 hours later
Hi Dr. My scan reports are with Gyane, as she preffered not to give me, else I will be thinking more. I can tel you the report look like, a sac kind of in my left ovary on uterus, it was not showing up clearly if anything there inside. My gyane, was also not sure if it is sac in early preg case, or corpus-leautem, or cysts. Cyst i never had earlier this kind of. Today am on 3rd day of bleed. But yesterday i had bleeding normal during day, eve ad night i didnt had bleeding. there is no pain, no sign of periods (which i use to feel like gastric, cramps etc..while on mensus).
Gyanae has prescribed me Ubiphene to start from 2-3 rd day of period. Now am confused what I should do. Do abdominal scan would help to make sure? Please suggest.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later

Thanks for giving additional information regarding your condition.

According to your history, sac like structure may be presented as ovarian cyst) which is more common with using ovulation induction drug (Ubiphene). Though these type of cysts don't prevent or threaten a resulting pregnancy.

As you have gotten negative result for pregnancy test along with blood test for beta-HCG, it is quite unlike to be pregnant. Though you need to confirm that by repeating TVS scan (Trans Vaginal Sonography) after 7-10 days. It is more reliable than abdominal ultrasound scan.

In addition, if corpus luteum cyst is formed with pregnancy, there is nothing to worry. It lasts till about the arrival of the second trimester. Most often, they slowly dissolve and disappear without causing any complications.

Please consult with your gynecologist to make a schedule for TVS scan and take suggestive measure accordingly.

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Take care yourself and stay healthy.

Dr Soumen