Planning pregnancy. Torch test results all IgG readings positive, IgM negative. Is the infection present, can pregnancy be planned?

Planning pregnancy. Torch test results all IgG readings are positive whereas IgM are negative.
Toxoplasma - 22.35
Rubella - 38.90
Cytomegalovirus - 12.63
Herpes simplex virus-1 - 6.74
the above readings are all IgG .
what does this mean , does it mean that the infection is still there? Does this mean that pregnancy cant be planned now ? is there a treatment for this ?
Posted Mon, 9 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 3 hours later
Torch IgG positive means you had infection in past. IgM positivity tells about current infection. Once infection occurs IgG antibody becomes positive, therefore do not worry for it as it will remain positive. You can go ahead and plan a pregnancy, take folic acid tablet 5 mg per day in consultation with your local doctor. IgG positivity does not mean present infection so it does not require treatment.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.

Best wishes
Follow-up: Planning pregnancy. Torch test results all IgG readings positive, IgM negative. Is the infection present, can pregnancy be planned? 8 days later
Thank you for your encouraging reply.
i have attached two reports along with the dates taken on. the only thing that concerns me is the changed readings especially of Rubella.
Could you pls explain the meaning of the variations?
is it a matter of serious concern?
for easy ref i will write it down again here
IgG readings ( first test 12 Apr followed by second 16 Jun, )
Toxolplasma 22.35 20.83
Rubella 38.9 59.05
Cytomegalovirus 12.63 10.46
Herpes Simplex-1 6.74 10.59

does the increase in IgG readings mean that there may be a fresh infection ?
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 12 minutes later

I am sorry, I am unable to view any reports attached. However, I have read the readings that you have written.

This variation could be because of tests done at two different labs. Even if the reports are from same lab, in my opinion you need not follow values.

IgG denotes past infection and not current infection. For current infection, IgM antibody is to be done.

Hope this helps. Do write back in case of further clarifications.

All the best.