Planning for kid also want to reduce weight. Can I workout on orbitrex elite?

Question
hi i m planning for kid now. also i want to reduce some weight. can i workout on orbitrex elite?
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Weight

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Keep the exercise to moderation

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

It is not recommended to start a new exercise regime or exercise excessively if a woman is trying to conceive.

Regarding the reduction of weight, if you can tell me your weight and height, I will be better able to help. If you are able to conceive, then the excessive nutrition will be needed by the developing baby.

You should take take multivitamins and folic acid regularly when you are planning to conceive. It helps in normal development of the baby.

Dr Vaishalee

Follow-up: Planning for kid also want to reduce weight. Can I workout on orbitrex elite? 13 minutes later
my height is 168cm and my weight is 66kg

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi again

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Your calculated Body Mass Index (BMI) is 23.4 kg/m2. Height of 168 cm is 5 feet and 6 inch. Usual height for an Indian woman is 5 feet and 2 inch. Your weight is appropriate for your height. Thus your BMI is in normal range. You do not need to reduce your weight.

Dr Vaishalee

Follow-up: Planning for kid also want to reduce weight. Can I workout on orbitrex elite? 3 minutes later
Thank u so much doctor. Please advice me on the diet to follow to conceive

Brief Answer:
Hi again

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

You can just take your regular diet. Add some nutritional food items to it like fruits or raw vegetables. You should also take up to 2 glasses of milk.
Thus your diet will be 3 regular meals and 3 small snacks in a day.

Fruits/vegetables may be taken along will meals and can replace some of the snacks.

Lessen or avoid tea, coffee, etc. Avoid alcohol. Avoid taking unnecessary medicines. Take multivitamins and folic acid tablets.

Dr Vaishalee