Planning for baby. Having periods now. When can we start working on having a baby?

Question
Hi my name is XXXXX and im trying to have a baby with my Fiancé and i got my period now which is October 19 so I need to know what date after that my we start working on having a baby
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fertile period is 29 Oct-5 Nov.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Ovulation occurs 14 days prior to next period due date. In case of regular period with 28-30 days duration, the fertile days will be from 11th-18th days of each cycle. Your fertile period is between 29th October to 5th November. Regular intercourse during the fertile period is required for you to conceive. You can use ovulation prediction kit (LH kit) to predict ovulation time in mid cycle. With this protocol, chances of pregnancy can be maximized.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Planning for baby. Having periods now. When can we start working on having a baby? 2 hours later
Ok im getting my period now october 19th i need to know how long do i have to wight for me and my fiance can try to have a baby what are the dates after my 5 day period?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
From 29th October you can try.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Since your period started on 19th October, you can start trying from 29th October till 5th November. It is best to have unprotected intercourse daily during these fertile days.
Hope my answer is helpful.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Planning for baby. Having periods now. When can we start working on having a baby? 28 hours later
Now i started spoting on october19 but my period didnt come on yet but i can feel its about to come on,so if its still so i can still after 29-5 that i can still start working on having a baby

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
The dates will remain the same.

Detailed Answer:
Yes. The day the spotting starts is considered as day 1 of the period. You can have sex during the fertile period which is 29 Oct to 5 Nov in this cycle. This does not change with a slightly prolonged period of spotting.
Regards.