Planning for a baby. TSH level and prolactin reduced after taking cabgolin. Semen analysis was done. Findings?

Infertility Specialist
am planning for a baby, My TSH level was 6.89 and Prolaction was 55.2. I took cabgolin 0.25mg. Now my TSH is 5.55 and prolaction is 1.6.
My Husband took semen analysis, Sperm vitality 30 %
Sperm count (Millions / ml) 11.0 millions/ml
Sperm count per ejaculate 12.1 millions/ejaculate . shape and rest all fine.

I would like to know, who has to take treament me or my husband ?
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 41 hours later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Your TSH levels are on higher side. You have borderline hypothyroidism. Please consult a physician for getting the prescription of the medication.

2) Your husband's semen analysis shows oligospermia. normally sperm count per ml should be more than 15 million / ml. His Sperm count is very low. He needs to see an XXXXXXX and get himself examined for the reason of such low count. Presence of varicocele has to be ruled out.

3) Since your age is already 36, I am afraid your ovarian reserve might be depleting and as age advances, the quality and quantity of eggs in your body reduce. Hence I suggest you dont waste more time and start getting treated early snd go ahead with ICSI procedure.

4) ICSI procedure is one where eggs are taken out of your body and best sperms from your husband's semen are selected and injected into the eggs and an embryo is formed which is then transferred into your womb ( uterus)

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.