Planning for a baby. Semen analysis done. What does the report says about fertility?

Question
HELLO DOCTOR,
I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR THREE MONTHS AND NOW V ARE PLANNING A CHILD. SO I HAD UNDERGONE SEMEN ANALYSIS LAST WEEK. I HAVE ATTACHED THE REPORT ALONG WITH.
KINDLY GO THROUGH THE REPORT AND TELL ME ABOUT MY FERTILITY. DO I NEED TO UNDERGO SOME TREATMENT ?
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXX

Thanks for posting your query and sharing the report.

In your semen report the sperm count is good but there more number of abnormal sperms.Apart from there is presence of pus cells which indicates infection.The infection can also be reason abnormal sperms.

Normally we do not straight away advice treatment based on single semen report.We advise at least 2-3 reports to have proper idea and then initiate treatment for it.

The best option for you is to visit a urologist in your city.The doctor will look for any local problems like swelling over testes,some collection of fluids etc and then advise treatment as per need.

There is nothing much to worry about but do visit a doctor.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you all the best.

Dr.Pragnesh