Planning a pregnancy. What does clomifene tablets do to help pregnancy?

Mar 2013
I received my period on April 16 it was late for ten days, I and my husband are planning a pregnancy, and I am traveling on the 1 of May and, what is your advice to getting pregnant with in that time frame? is it possible? we are newly married on March 3rd and my earlier period on March was on the 6th of March. and what does clomifene tablets do? what do they help. we have been trying the pregnancy since after my period of March and my period lasts for just 3-4 days. Thanks. By the way the phone I listed below am away from it coz am w/ my husband now will be back to the US around the 3rd of May but would like to get an answer as soon as possible thanks again.
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Considering your last menstrual period on 16 th April, if you had regular 28 day cycles, you would ovulate around the end of April or beginning of May.
It is advisable to be sexually active around the time of ovulation.
Hence, the dates you mention definitely carry the possibility of having a pregnancy .
However, you seem to be having slightly irregular cycles, hence ovulation is unpredictable in your case.
If travelling, you can use ovulation predictor kits and plan intercourse accordingly, as thats the surest way of ensuring a pregnancy.
Clomiphene tablets are ovulation inducing agents, and they help in development of the follicles in women with difficulties in ovulation.
First, you need to consult an Infertility Specialist, and have a follicular monitoring with ultrasound to track the development of your follicles, and if required, then consider the use of clomiphene citrate.
Its been only a couple of months since you are trying to conceive, and I would advise you not to get stressed out, as stress leads to menstrual irregularities and difficulties in conception.
Please try naturally for a few more months, and then consider further treatment.
Take regular folic acid supplements meanwhile

Take care, and feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: Planning a pregnancy. What does clomifene tablets do to help pregnancy? 43 hours later
thanks for your answer. I have always noticed the egg white mucus down there every month several days in a row. but I never counted which exactly which days of my cycle, for example, in April, I noticed it after I missed my period which was due on around the 6th, unfortunately, we didn't pay attention to it coz we thought I missed a period and had some pain that I was already pregnant until I received my period on the 16th. So my question is is it considered to be a fertile since I am able to notice my egg white mucus or can it be possible to be infertile while ovulating. I am not on any medication except PRENATAL ONE to help baby's development if I get pregnant. I am just asking this question to know about it but I personally have a good faith that I am a good fertile and generally health young one. Thank you and I do appreciate your service.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 51 minutes later
Thanks for your appreciation.
The egg White mucus obviously is an important sign of ovulation, and since your periods fluctuate a bit, you would notice it on different days in different cycles.
However, stamping you as fertile requires evidence of a pregnancy !
Fertility depends on various factors, ovulation being one of them.
As I said, it's too early for you to freak out about this.
Just remain sexually active, use an ovulation predictor kit as it is more reliable than cervical mucus.
Follow-up: Planning a pregnancy. What does clomifene tablets do to help pregnancy? 52 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Thank you for the appreciation.