Planned to have hysterectomy and remove ovaries. Suggestions?

64 years old. Plan to have a hysterectomy and remove my ovaries. Have been having pain. No prior female problems. Had menopause at age 55. Mother had hysterectomy at 67. Later she had breast cancer.
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 18 minutes later

Since the indication of the hysterectomy has not been specified, I cannot comment on the need for surgery. Usually, at this age, hysterectomy is total with removal of both the ovaries as they are nonfunctional and also to avoid any future problems.

As per the family history of breast cancer, you should get evaluated properly with a checkup and screening procedures for early care. Hysterectomy cannot be related to the onset of the disease.

Sleep apnoea can have several reasons including altered brain function, obesity, ENT problems and so on and needs a proper assessment.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to contact if you need further clarifications. I will be happy to help.