Placed Mirena IUD, continuous bleeding. Concerned about passing blood clots when urinating. Normal?

I had a mirena IUD inserted on August 1st. I had a normal period shortly thereafter, but had continuous days of light to heaving spotting. I am more concerned about passing blood clots when I urinate on a daily basis. Is this normal?
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 12 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

With Mirena IUD, it is common to have irregular bleeding and spotting during first 3 to 6 months of use.

If bleeding is more, should please consult Gynecologist for examination.

Thanks for trusting XXXXXXX and posting your query.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma